We're looking for a dynamic leader to help us develop and evolve our assessment service offerings.
Aspect Security is seeking an experienced Application Security Engineer to lead our Managed Assessment Services practice.
In this role, you will lead the effort to evolve our managed assessment services offerings. You’ll be developing service offerings to assess client applications as efficiently as possible while maintaining the highest quality. You’ll be responsible for building new processes, scoping project requirements and recommending appropriate solutions to our executive team to grow the business. You will be an agent of change within the organization and an advocate for your practice area.
All of our principal engineers are hands-on. They execute client projects, mentor colleagues and collaborate with sales and marketing. You’ll need to balance your practice area’s growth with client and business needs.
Why Join Aspect?
- We have an amazing team. We cannot say enough great things about our staff – they are smart, funny and energetic.
- At Aspect we trust our employees to make smart decisions. You'll be empowered to play a critical role on some of the largest and most complex application security projects in the world.
- While this position does require up to 50% travel, Aspect works hard to enable work/life balance and flexibility for employees.
- Develop the key elements and requirements of a new managed assessment service.
- Shepherd your service area through the challenges of developing a new solution – getting executive buy-in as well as determining budget, staffing and technical requirements.
- Manage a pipeline of concurrent assessments – assigning appropriate resources, supporting troubleshooting efforts, managing to scope and budget with engineers and clients – while ensuring high quality deliverables.
- Improve efficiency of assessments through automation.
- Perform full range of assessments leveraging techniques commensurate with client application portfolio risk.
- Clearly communicate internally and externally, in technical reports, project read-outs and presentations.
- Support pre-sales and scoping calls with clients.
- Develop clearly defined statements of work that describe project elements and effort level required.
- Hire, onboard and mentor engineers, especially junior engineers.
- Pitch in on other service areas when needed – from AppSec programs to instructor-led training.
- Demonstrated innovation: we want to understand how your experience reflects your ability to develop our current assessment work into a managed service.
- Experience performing software security assessments including vulnerability assessments, pen tests and secure code reviews (as well as associated assessment technologies).
- An understanding of how to streamline assessments while making them more repeatable.
Previous leadership experience for a managed security service or related line of business.
- Experience building and managing teams to maximize revenue while retaining talent.
- Business acumen: an ability to understand and assimilate our business requirements to build and run a managed service.
- Quick thinking and initiative: two of the most important qualities we look for in a candidate. You must be comfortable taking input from stakeholders and taking initiative without specific direction. You should be able to multi-task and work productively in high interrupt environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) and the ability to interface with both executive management and technical personnel.
- Development background in coding is a plus.
- This position requires up to 50% travel.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent required. CISSP, CSSLP, OSCP or similar a plus
For immediate consideration, submit your resume via the form to your right or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Principals only please. Agency resumes are not accepted and will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.