Use your management skills while keeping your technical skills sharp.
As a Principal Application Security Engineer, you will lead a key business area at Aspect Security.
All of our principal engineers are hands-on. They execute client projects, mentor colleagues and collaborate with sales and marketing. You’ll need to balance your practice area’s growth with client and business needs.
What we look for:
- Experience. Candidates should have ten or more years of experience in security related field; five or more in security leadership. Software development experience is a bonus.
- Leadership. You've spear-headed security initiatives and know how to lead people, establish process and manage security technology.
- Strategy. You understand security program management and have demonstrated experience helping organizations with security strategy.
- Quick thinking and initiative. Two of the most important qualities we look for in a candidate. You must be comfortable taking input from stakeholders and taking initiative without specific direction. You should be able to multi-task and work productively in high interrupt environment.
- Communication. Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) and the ability to interface with both executive management and technical personnel.
- Real-world Skills. You've performed software security assessments including vulnerability assessments, pen tests and secure code reviews. You understand security assessment technologies and their field of use.
- Development Knowledge. Demonstrated proficiency with development frameworks and languages (Java, C/C++, .NET, C#).
- Education. You have an advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead all technical and management aspects of your practice area. You'll run the practice as a business: business planning, strategic direction, staff and partnership development, financial and profit analysis.
- Lead development, innovation and advancement efforts, as well as key client initiatives for the application security practice.
- Launch new practice offerings from concept to delivery while collaborating with sales, marketing and delivery teams.
- Work with marketing to build thought leadership around practice area, including collateral, conference speaking opportunities, blog posts and whitepapers.
- Offer pre-sales support and scoping assistance.
- Provide effective delivery of services, meeting clients’ requirements and expectations.
- Maintain a focus on the quality of deliverables, the company’s brand, staff development, intellectual property, and training.
- Effectively present offerings and deliverables to clients.
This position requires up to 50% travel. Applicants in the New York Metro area are preferred. You must be able to permanently work in the United States. For immediate consideration, fill out the form to the right or email us at email@example.com.
Please Note: Principals only please. Agency resumes are not accepted and will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.